LALR parsing

"A. Soare" <>
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:26:44 +0100 (CET)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LALR parsing (A. Soare) (2009-12-04)
Re: LALR parsing (Torben AEgidius Mogensen) (2009-12-07)
Re: LALR parsing (A. Soare) (2009-12-09)
Re: LALR parsing (2009-12-09)
Re: LALR parsing (2009-12-10)
Re: LALR parsing (Russ Cox) (2009-12-11)
Re: LALR parsing (2009-12-14)
[2 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "A. Soare" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:26:44 +0100 (CET)
Posted-Date: 05 Dec 2009 23:27:07 EST

Nowadays, the subject of LALR is well understood. I want to implement
a LALR parser for an arbitrary grammar (many common point to yacc,
however different).

I have read many classical articles and books. Among my studies:

- dragon book
- parsing techniques a practical guide, D Grune (the best that I read)
- many classical articles in the style Frank DeRemer and Thomas
    Pennello. Efficient Computation of LALR(1) Look-Ahead Sets, etc.

However, I did read that these methods are not the most fast. The
fastest methods use matrix multiplications, etc. In the book of Grune
is it explained something about the equalence between parsing and
matrix multiplication, but I see nothing useful apart of some vagues

My question for you is: what are the most efficient methods of lalr parsing?

I would like ask you to give me some references about.

Thanks in advance,

Alin Soare.

Michael Jackson, Susan Boyle, Black Eyed Peas ... Retrouvez leurs derniers titres sur