|Seed7 Release 2009-11-15 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2009-11-15)|
|Date:||Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:37:32 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||15 Nov 2009 17:48:20 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20091115.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The unicode support for the functions shell, cmd_sh and popen was
improved to use wide char (UTF-16) functions under windows and
normal (UTF-8) functions under UNIX/Linux/BSD.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to support the actions
CMD_FILEMODE, CMD_SET_FILEMODE, DRW_OPEN_SUB_WINDOW, DRW_SETPOS,
DRW_XPOS and DRW_YPOS.
- The compiler was improved to make sure that generated C programs
always define the create_... and destr_... functions.
- The handling of the HSH_IDX action in the compiler was improved.
- An error in the compiler concerning forwad declarations of function
pointers was fixed.
- The function bigCpy in "big_rtl.c" was improved to work correctly
when source and destination are identical.
- Comments were added to the functions bigGrow and bigShrink in
"big_rtl.c" to explain that this functions work when source and
destination are identical.
- Checks for the bigInteger assignment and the functions +:= and -:=
were added to the file "chkbig.sd7".
- The types os_path_stri and os_path_char were renamed to os_stritype
and os_chartype respectively in various files.
- The os_path_... macros were renamed to corresponding os_stri_...
macros in various files.
- The bas7.sd7 (basic interpreter) example program was improved.
- The functions gkbButtonPressed, drwOpen, drwOpenSubWindow,
drwSetPos, drwHeight and drwWidth in "drw_win.c" were improved to
work correctly for subwindows.
- The function drwSetPos in "drw_x11.c" was improved to work
correctly for subwindows.
- The functions prc_args, prc_repeat and prc_while in "prclib.c" were
- The functions copyArgv and getArgv were added to "str_rtl.c".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.