|The Eiffel Compiler tecomp version 0.20 has been released firstname.lastname@example.org (Helmut) (2009-11-06)|
|Date:||Fri, 6 Nov 2009 07:24:25 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Nov 2009 11:26:55 EST|
== Bugfixes and improvements ==
- All type combinations in equality test ("=" and "~") shall now
- Deep features now work for all types without any exceptions.
- The garbage collector has been reworked completely. Before,
expandeds which contained references could create memory
leaks. Now all temporaries which are references or contain
references into the heap are registered. Therefore no live
object (i.e. reachable directly or indirectly) can be reclaimed
by the garbage collector.
- Bug: In some cases a conversion procedure did not work
properly. All cases with reference types went well. However
conversion from or to expanded types where the entity size of
the source type is different from that of the target type did
not work well.
- Bug: Nested exceptions (raised exception within exception
handling) created problems, if the exception handler is the
direct receiver of the original exception and the second
- Virtual machine on big endian and little endian machines: Some
operations had not been designed properly to work on big and
little endian machines. The virtual machine has been reworked
to be insensitive to the endianness of the machine.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.