|Seed7 Release 2009-11-01 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2009-11-01)|
|Date:||Sun, 1 Nov 2009 14:44:16 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||03 Nov 2009 23:50:18 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20091101.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The interpreter (hi) and the compiler (comp.sd7) were improved such
that the actions STR_CPY, STR_APPEND, ARR_CPY, ARR_APPEND and
SET_CPY work correctly when source and destination are identical.
- The compiler was improved to use the functions stringLiteral,
bigIntegerLiteral and bitsetLiteral to write occurrences of string,
bigInteger and bitset literals to the generated C program.
- The functions arrHead, arrHeadTemp, arrRange, arrRangeTemp, arrTail
and arrTailTemp in the file "arr_rtl.c" were added or improved to
avoid unnecessary copies of arrays in compiled programs.
- The functions free_helem, free_hash, create_helem, create_hash and
copy_hash in the files "hshlib.c" and "hsh_rtl.c" were improved to
increase the speed of the actions HSH_CPY and HSH_CREATE in
interpreted and compiled programs.
- The function chrCLit was added to the file "chr_rtl.c" to support
the action CHR_CLIT in the interpreter and in the compiler.
- The function chkPower in the file "chkbig.sd7" was improved.
- The function check_assign was added to the file "chkset.sd7".
- The functions check_string_append and check_string_assign in the
file "chkstr.sd7" were added or improved.
- Several improvements were done to avoid that old memory areas were
accessed after realloc() was called.
- The function bigLShiftOne was added to "big_rtl.c" and "big_gmp.c"
to allow faster computation of powers of two in compiled and
- The functions bigIPowN, bigIPow1 and bigIPow in "big_rtl.c" were
added or improved.
- The function drwOpenSubWindow in "drw_x11.c" was changed to omit
the creation of a graphic context.
- The function filWrite in "fil_rtl.c" was improved.
- The functions strAppend, strAppendTemp, strHead and strHeadTemp in
"str_rtl.c" were added or improved.
- A possible memory leak in 'while' and 'repeat' loops of compiled
programs, which can occur when the conditional expression produces
temporary values in the heap, was closed.
- The handling of the action STR_APPEND in the compiler was improved
to use strPush when possible.
- The handling of bigInteger expressions with constants in the
compiler was improved.
- The compiler was improved to support the actions CHR_CLIT,
CMD_FILETYPE_SL and CMD_SYMLINK.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.