Re: Bounding memory usage

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Franke?= <bfranke@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:55:12 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bounding memory usage pronesto@gmail.com (Fernando) (2009-09-08)
Re: Bounding memory usage cr88192@hotmail.com (BGB / cr88192) (2009-09-09)
Re: Bounding memory usage pronesto@gmail.com (Fernando) (2009-09-10)
Re: Bounding memory usage bfranke@inf.ed.ac.uk (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Franke?=) (2009-09-11)
Re: Bounding memory usage mburrel@uwo.ca (Mike Burrell) (2009-09-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Franke?= <bfranke@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:55:12 +0100
Posted-Date: 13 Sep 2009 20:07:03 EDT

Hello,

> could some of you guys give me pointers to some static analyzes
> that are able to determine when a program consumes a bounded amount of
> heap space? I know that this problem will be undecidable in general,
> but I would appreciate even a very conservative estimation. I am
> mostly interested in compiling Java in this case, but pointers to
> general analyzes would be welcome.

Automatic Certification of Heap Consumption (Lennart Beringer, Martin
Hofmann, Alberto Momigliano, and Olha Shkaravska). In Franz Baader and
Andrei Voronkov (editors): Proceedings of the 11th International
Conference on Logic for Programming, Artificial Intelligence and
Reasoning (LPAR2004), Montevideo, Uruguay, March 14-18th, 2005. Volume
3452 of Lecure Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Springer.

Cheers,

        Bjoern