|Seed7 Release 2009-07-05 email@example.com (tm) (2009-07-05)|
|Date:||Sun, 5 Jul 2009 14:17:36 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Jul 2009 05:49:04 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20090705.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapter explaining the function 'getenv' in the manual was
- The dom.s7i library was renamed to xmldom.s7i and its functionality
- A new library named inifile.s7i, which allows reading key value
pairs from an INI file, was added.
- The functions getLineComment, getLine, skipXmlComment,
getXmlTagHeadOrContent, skipXmlTag, getNextXmlAttribute and
getNextHtmlAttribute in scanfile.s7i were added or improved.
- The functions getSymbol, skipXmlComment, getXmlTagHeadOrContent,
skipXmlTag, getNextXmlAttribute and getNextHtmlAttribute in
scanstri.s7i were added or improved.
- The function isDigitString was added to the seed7_05.s7i library.
- The functions open_utf16le and open_utf16be in the utf16.s7i
library were improved.
- A new library named xml_ent.s7i, which supports XML entity
handling, was added.
- The compiler comp.sd7 was improved to create more prototype
definitions of extern library functions.
- The interpreter (hi) and the compiler (comp.sd7) were improved to
accept a UTF-8 byte order mark at the beginning of a source or
- The types gmpBiginttype and rtlBiginttype in the files big_gmp.c
and big_rtl.c were replaced with biginttype (defined in common.h).
- The function bigLowestSetBit in big_rtl.c was improved to raise
RANGE_ERROR when the result does not fit in an integer.
- The function move_any_file in cmd_rtl.c was improved to raise
FILE_ERROR when the file cannot be renamed.
- The function hsh_idx in hshlib.c was improved to work correctly
when the hash is destroyed after indexing.
- The const qualifier was added in many *.c and *.h files.
- Several makefiles were changed to use BIGINT_LIB_DEFINE and
BIGINT_LIB to decide about the big integer library (big_rtl.c or
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.