|[ANN] tom 2.7 email@example.com (Antoine Reilles) (2009-06-03)|
|From:||Antoine Reilles <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||03 Jun 2009 16:36:06 GMT|
|Organization:||Guest of ProXad - France|
|Keywords:||Java, C, available|
|Posted-Date:||03 Jun 2009 13:51:05 EDT|
Tom 2.7 announcement
It is our great privilege and pleasure to announce the availability of
Tom version 2.7.
This release continues our work on the integration of pattern matching
and rule based programming facilities into Java and C.
Tom is a pattern matching compiler developed at INRIA. It is
particularly well-suited for programming various transformations on
trees/terms and XML based documents. Its design follows our research on
the semantics and the efficient compilation of rule based languages.
Many applications have been developed in Tom, both in academia and
industry. Among them, let us mention:
- the Tom compiler itself
- languages semantics, interpreters and program transformation tools
- a generator of canonical abstract syntax trees (Gom)
- a proof assistant for supernatural deduction
- a compiler algorithm for anti-pattern matching and disunification
Tom is a complex compiler which adds powerful constructs to Java and C:
rewrite rules, strategies, non linear syntactic matching, associative
matching with neutral element (a.k.a. list-matching), XML based pattern
matching, string matching, and equational rewriting.
This offers the possibility to analyze and transform any kind of
data-structure. Tom can be used for large scale developments and
applications. It comes with a detailed documentation, as well as with
programming and debugging support.
This new release contains many improvements and new features:
- a completely new documentation and installation guide
- Tom has been modified to generate statically well typed (using generics)
type preserving visit methods for the Strategy library
- the Tom compiler is now thread-safe (can compile files in parallel)
- Gom has been extended to generate support for syntax involving
alpha-convertible names and binding operations. This extension is called
- Gom can now generate data-structures without maximal-sharing
- a new traversal combinator has been introduced in the Strategy Library: Up
- the import/export facilities of Gom has been improved for better
compatibility with the ATerm library.
Tom is available, in open source (GPL/BSD License), from the web page:
Tom's development team
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.