Basic blocks and CFG

lican <>
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:22:57 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Basic blocks and CFG (lican) (2009-03-16)
Re: Basic blocks and CFG (Diego Novillo) (2009-03-17)
Re: Basic blocks and CFG (kamal) (2009-03-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: lican <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:22:57 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 17 Mar 2009 07:09:20 EDT

Does anyone know if it is possible to build basic blocks without
generating IR, directly from an AST? I find it rather difficult. For
simple cases why not, but the main problems are the nested loops and
break / continue statements in loops. I ignore the gotos, I don't need
them in the language I'm building. So... possible, anyone tried this