Parser testing while grammar rules are unknown

0x0badf00d <0x0badf00d@gmail.com>
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:49:20 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parser testing while grammar rules are unknown 0x0badf00d@gmail.com (0x0badf00d) (2009-03-15)
Re: Parser testing while grammar rules are unknown kym@svalbard.freeshell.org (russell kym horsell) (2009-03-15)
Re: Parser testing while grammar rules are unknown cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2009-03-15)
Re: Parser testing while grammar rules are unknown martin@gkc.org.uk (Martin Ward) (2009-03-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: 0x0badf00d <0x0badf00d@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:49:20 +0200
Posted-Date: 14 Mar 2009 19:34:43 EDT

Hi.

I'm sorry if this group is not relevant. I'll be thankful for any idea,
on where to look for answer.
Let's say, we have language somehow similar to ADA. And we have a parser
/compiler for this language. And we know it contain bugs.
We do not have grammar rules for language, instead, we have a tons of
source code written in this language.
We would like to test parser against possible bugs. We could take source
code, alter it slightly and pass to parser and see, if it will return
error. Or, we could apply Markov chains algorithm (which could alter
human readable texts into humorous): but this is not seems very good
solution.
Are there something ready and known?