Looking for tech reviewers for "flex and bison"

"John R. Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:26:26 +0000 (GMT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for tech reviewers for "flex and bison" johnl@iecc.com (John R. Levine) (2009-03-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "John R. Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:26:26 +0000 (GMT)
Posted-Date: 02 Mar 2009 15:30:18 EST
Cleverness: None detected

Your moderator is at long last updating the classic 1992 "lex and
yacc" to cover 2009 flex and bison, and we're looking for a few
technical reviewers. The point of tech review is twofold: most
important is to check that the facts in the book are actually true,
next important is to make sure that the exposition isn't unduly
baffling or misleading.

Hence tech reviewers have to be familiar enough with flex and bison to
catch my mistakes, and willing to read through chapter by chapter and
tell what (if anything) was confusing. Reviewers get an
acknowledgement, an autographed copy, and eternal gratitude (which
translates to beer should we ever be in the same city.) The schedule
is fairly tight so you'd have to be able to read and comment on a few
chapters at a time within a week after we send them to you.

If interested, drop me a note. Thanks!

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator,
johnl@iecc.com, http://compilers.iecc.com