|Seed7 Release 2009-02-22 firstname.lastname@example.org (2009-02-22)|
|Date:||Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:33:51 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||22 Feb 2009 18:37:41 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20090222.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- A new example program (chkhsh.sd7), which checks hash table
operations, was added.
- The logic to link to librarys in the compiler (comp.sd7) was
- A compare function was added for the type 'boolean'.
- The file big_rtl.c was improved to avoid unnecessary shifts wider
than the size of the type (the result of this shifts was not used
- The functions remove_dir, remove_any_file, copy_file, copy_dir,
copy_any_file and move_any_file in the file cmd_rtl.c were improved
to use 'os_path_stri' instead of 'char *'.
- The driver functions cmdCopy, cmdMove and cmdRemove were improved
to use wide char (UTF-16) functions under windows and normal
(UTF-8) functions under UNIX/Linux/BSD.
- The file common.h was improved to contain default defines for
os_rmdir, os_chown, os_chmod, os_utime, os_utimbuf_struct,
os_remove and os_rename.
- The functions dirOpen, dirRead and dirClose in the file dir_rtl.c
were improved to use os_opendir, os_readdir and os_closedir
(defined in dir_rtl.h).
- Commands to create defines for MKDIR_WITH_ONE_PARAMETER,
CHOWN_MISSING and CHMOD_MISSING in the file version.h were removed
from the makefiles.
- The K&R function headers in several files were corrected.
- An explanation of the defines WCHAR_OS_PATH, os_chdir, os_mkdir,
os_rmdir, os_fstat, os_stat, os_stat_struct, os_chown, os_chmod,
os_utime, os_utimbuf_struct, os_remove and os_rename was added to
the file 'src/read_me.txt'.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.