|Seed7 Release 2009-01-18 firstname.lastname@example.org (2009-01-18)|
|Date:||Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:28:56 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||19 Jan 2009 07:18:57 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20090118.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The savehd7.sd7 example program, which can be used to save a
potentially damaged harddisk partition to an image file,
- A FAQ about compiling the Seed7 interpreter was added.
- The function bigFileSize was added to the bigfile.s7i library.
- The functions file_size and file_type were renamed to fileSize and
fileType in the seed7_05.s7i library.
- The driver functions cmdBigFileSize, cmdChdir, cmdFileType,
cmdFileSize, cmdMkdir were improved to use wide char (UTF-16)
functions under windows and normal (UTF-8) functions under
- In the files big_rtl.c and big_gmp.c the function bigFromInt32 was
added and the functions bigIConv and bigOrd were removed.
- In the file big_drv.h the macros bigIConv and bigOrd were added.
- In the file big_rtl.c the functions bigFromUInt32 and bigFromUInt64
- The feature test makro WIDE_CHAR_STRINGS was renamed to
UTF32_STRINGS in various files.
- The primitive action CMD_LNG was renamed to CMD_FILESIZE.
- Several makefiles were improved to create defines for os_chdir,
os_mkdir, os_fstat, os_stat and os_stat_struct in the file
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.