Compiler positions available for week ending November 16

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
16 Nov 2008 08:59:39 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending November 16 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2003-11-18)
Compiler positions available for week ending November 16 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2008-11-16)
Compiler positions available for week ending November 16 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1997-11-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Nov 2008 08:59:39 -0000
Posted-Date: 16 Nov 2008 17:51:57 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:12:01 +0530
From: <psurender23@gmail.com>
Subject: Compiler position at CoWare (Noida, India, R&D centre)

We are looking for highly skilled technical person at senior level to
join our team for the following position and help create world's
leading software (EDA/ESL tools) in the area of Programmable
Accelerators/ASIPs/Compilers at our R&D centre in Noida (India).

Position: SMCS/MCS (Processor Designer Team)
Job Description
        * Position for CoWare flagship product, to provide leadership to
the development team
        * Quality execution on software development projects, taking
responsibility for the entire project cycle from specifications to
testing.
        * Interact with Marketing and Field to influence current and next
generation product.
        * Maintain keen focus on innovation to drive continuous product
enhancements.
Technical Attributes
Mandatory:
        * Bachelors/Masters/PhD in EE/CS from a reputed university/institution.
        * 9+ years of industry experience or equivalent with MS / PHD.
        * Proficiency in C/C++ based software development with STL
        * OOP concepts: Classes, Polymorphism, Inheritance, Virtual
functions, Templates
        * Experience in embedded processor architectures and concepts
(e.g., pipelining, instruction-level parallelism (ILP), etc.) and
embedded software tools
        * Mastery over data structures, algorithms, and programming concepts
        * Well versed with Software Engineering and development processes
Preferred:
        * Experience in retargetable compiler frameworks, e.g., GCC, CoSy
        * Knowledge of popular embedded processors, e.g., ARM, MIPS, DSPs
        * Experience in the construction of compilers for embedded processors
        * Experience of working with large and complex software products
        * Experience with Unix and Windows-XP development environments
        * Working knowledge of SystemC / HDLs
        * M.S. / M.Tech. / PhD
Personal Attributes
        * High energy individual with the ability to go an extra mile.
        * A proactive team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
        * Creative and flexible personality.

Contact Details:
Surender Parupalli (surender@coware.com)
SK Jain (skjain@coware.com)

About CoWare:
CoWare is the leading global supplier of platform-driven electronic
system-level (ESL) design software and services. IP, semiconductor,
and electronics companies use CoWare ESL 2.0 solutions to design
better processor- and software-intensive products faster. CoWare
solutions solve the new design challenges associated with platform
architecture design, platform verification, application sub-system
design, processor design, DSP algorithm design, and software
development, and are based on open industry standards including
SystemC. These solutions also enable IP and semiconductor companies to
implement more effective go-to-market strategies. CoWares corporate
investors include ARM [(LSE: ARM); (NASDAQ: ARMHY)], Cadence Design
Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS), STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), and Sony
Corporation (NYSE: SNE). CoWare is headquartered in San Jose, Calif.,
and has offices around the world. For more information about CoWare
and its products and services visit http://www.coware.com/.

Thanks,
Surender Parupalli.

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:23:44 -0500
From: GrammaTech Recruiting <recruiting@grammatech.com>
Subject: Software Engineer Position Available in Ithaca, NY

GrammaTech is seeking a software engineer to become an integral part of
our research and development team. The successful candidate will be
involved in one or more of our commercial and research projects.
GrammaTech develops automatic software analysis tools, and we are
interested in both static and dynamic analysis techniques. The exact
project that a successfull applicant will work on will depend on the
skills and background of the applicant.

The following are the minimum requirements for this position:

Either:
BS in Computer Science + 3 years experience, or
MS in Computer Science + 1 year experience.
Advanced software development skills in C/C++.
We are especially interested in candidates with one or more of the
following attributes:

Knowledge of compilers, static analysis, or software security.
Proficiency with Scheme or Python.
Knowledge of x86, PowerPC or ARM machine code.
Familiarity with software and data visualization techniques.
Please note that applicants must be US citizens. Security clearance or
the ability to get clearance is a strong plus.

Resumes should be sent via E-MAIL ONLY to recruiting@grammatech.com.
Please use reference E08-01 in the subject line.

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:25:14 -0500
From: GrammaTech Recruiting <recruiting@grammatech.com>
Subject: Software Engineer Intern Positions Available in Ithaca, NY

GrammaTech is seeking to fill several intern positions for summer of
2009. Candidates should be enrolled in a BS, MS or PhD in Computer
Science, and should be skilled programmers. We are particularly
interested in students who have taken the following courses:

Compilers
Data Structures/Algorithms
Programming in Scheme/Lisp
Candidates must have legal authority to work in the US.

Resumes should be sent via E-MAIL ONLY to recruiting@grammatech.com.
Please use reference I09-01 in the subject line.

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:21:30 -0500
From: Recruiting <recruiting@grammatech.com>
Subject: Kernel/Hypervisor Software Engineer Position Available in
    Ithaca, NY

GrammaTech develops and markets program analysis and transformation
tools for C/C++ and machine code. We sell commercial software
engineering tools like CodeSonar and CodeSurfer. We also conduct
research on various topics centered on analyzing software (both source
code and binary) using both static analysis and dynamic analysis techniques.

GrammaTech is seeking a software engineer with expertise in operating
system kernels and hypervisors for a project that is using
virtualization to improve software security.

The following are the minimum requirements for this position: 1) Either
a BS in Computer Science + 3 years experience, or a MS in Computer
Science + 1 year experience. 2) Advanced software development skills in
C/C++.

Candidates are required to have one or more of the following: 1) OS
kernel development experience. 2) Knowledge of hypervisors. 3)
Knowledge of x86, PowerPC or ARM machine code.

Please note that applicants must be US citizens. Security clearance or
the ability to get clearance is a strong plus.

Resumes should be sent via E-MAIL ONLY to recruiting@grammatech.com.
Please use reference K08-01 in the subject line.