Announcing CookCC lexer/parser generator

Heng Yuan <hengyuan@ucla.edu>
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 01:16:04 -0800

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Announcing CookCC lexer/parser generator hengyuan@ucla.edu (Heng Yuan) (2008-11-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Heng Yuan <hengyuan@ucla.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 01:16:04 -0800
Posted-Date: 13 Nov 2008 05:51:33 EST

Hi,

I would like to announce the CookCC lexer/parser (LALR (1)) generator
project. It is under BSD license and it is located at

http://code.google.com/p/cookcc/

This project is written in Java and currently generates Java / XML /
text output. Its lexer performance is pretty good (using fastwc example
from Flex) for Java. Other output languages should be fairly easily
added since CookCC uses a powerful template engine.

For input, CookCC accepts XML as well as Java annotation for specifying
lexer/parser.

The unique feature of CookCC is its ability to accept Java annotation as
input, which makes it significantly easier to develop lexer/parser for
Java. I hope that you will like this feature. A class in CookCC has
already taken advantage of this feature.

Currently, there isn't an AST generator, which will be worked on once I
am less busy. Suggestions are welcome.

There are a number of test cases (which also serve as examples) on the
web site.

I am sure that there will be bugs etc. Please don't hesitate to report
me any bugs or offer suggestions.

I am also looking for people who could help developing test cases, or
creating new target languages. Contact me if you are interested (use
the gmail address).

Thanks,

Heng Yuan