question about lex ("(Error) Definitions too long")

sailer <>
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 00:51:06 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
question about lex ("(Error) Definitions too long") (sailer) (2008-10-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sailer <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 00:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 29 Oct 2008 19:26:30 EDT

I searched the group but haven't found any message linked to this

I tried to generate code for a small file using lex, but got the
following error :

210: (Error) Definitions too long

I tried to shorten the length of each name definition, but it doesn't
work, and sometimes I got

209: (Error) Definitions too long

removing several name definitions from the definition part may solve
the problem, but it cannot be my option, anyway to fix this problem?

Furthermore, I failed to get the version of this lex utility, it
doesn't recognize any option except for
-t, it should be an AT&T version I guess.

Your comment are highly appreciated.
[I can't ever recall seeing that message. My usual advice to people trying
to use AT&T lex is to switch to flex. It's freeware, it's not a big
package, it's really easy to install. -John]