|Seed7 Release 2008-10-19 email@example.com (2008-10-19)|
|Date:||Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:50:40 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||22 Oct 2008 18:03:57 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20081019.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The support for compilation with the cl C compiler from msvc was
improved such that the chk_all.sd7 check program succeeds.
- The chkexc.sd7 and chkflt.sd7 example programs were improved to
check for more cases of division by zero.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to take the config values
ISNAN_WITH_UNDERLINE, CHECK_INT_DIV_BY_ZERO and LINKER_FLAGS into
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to avoid the generation of
boolean C expressions with too many parenthesis levels (the cl C
compiler only supports nesting parenthesis up to 256 levels).
- The functions opendir and readdir in the files dir_dos.c and
dir_win.c were improved to make buffer overflows impossible.
- The files dir_rtl.c and dir_rtl.h were introduced to support
reading directorys based on opendir(), readdir() and closedir() and
optionally on the wide char functions wopendir(), wreaddir() and
- An implementation of the functions wopendir(), wreaddir() and
wclosedir() based on the functions FindFirstFile() and
FindNextFile() was added to dir_win.c .
- The documentation file src/read_me.txt was improved to explain
compilation with bcc32.
- The makefiles mk_mingw.mak, mk_msys.mak, mk_nmake.mak, mk_msvc.mak
and mk_bcc32.mak were improved to support the new wide character
directory read functions.
- The demo mode of the mahjong.sd7 example program was improved.
- The file scr_win.c was improved to support the keypad cursor keys
- The functions wstri_expand and wstri_to_stri were added to the file
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.