|Seed7 Release 2008-10-05 firstname.lastname@example.org (2008-10-05)|
|Date:||Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:29:46 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Oct 2008 11:46:13 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20081005.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapter about primitive actions in the manual was improved.
- The definition of STD_NULL in the seed7_05.s7i library was
improved to support read and write operations with STD_NULL.
- The bas7.sd7 (basic interpreter) example program was improved to
support file numbers outside the range of 1 to 256 and to convert
arrays to images when necessary.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to support local interface
declarations and dynamic functions which refer to constant values.
- Several improvements were done in the compiler to support
generating C programs acceptable for the cl compiler from msvc and
for the bcc32 compiler.
- A check for double function pointers was added to the function
get_primact() in the file actutl.c .
- A boss mode was added to the lander.sd7 and sudoku7.sd7 example
- The file common.h was improved to introduce the types int64type,
uint64type, int32type, uint32type, int16type, uint16type, int8type
- The functions bigULConv and bigLOrd were renamed to bigFromUInt64
and bigToInt64 respectively.
- The function bigCLit() was improved to avoid C code that the cl C
compiler from msvc miscompiles to the wrong machine code.
- The functions setupFloat and _matherr and the makefile mk_bcc32.mak
were added to support compilation with bcc32.
- The feature test macro HAS_LONGTYPE_64 was renamed to HAS_INT64TYPE
in various files.
- The feature macros INHIBIT_C_WARNINGS and NO_EMPTY_STRUCTS were
added or improved.
- The makefiles mk_mingw.mak, mk_msvc.mak and mk_nmake.mak were
changed to create and use the file setpaths.c instead of several
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.