Cetus Compiler Release 1.0

Chirag Dave <cdave@purdue.edu>
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:04:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Cetus Compiler Release 1.0 cdave@purdue.edu (Chirag Dave) (2008-10-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Chirag Dave <cdave@purdue.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:04:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Oct 2008 08:37:12 EDT

We are pleased to inform you that a new Cetus version 1.0 is now available to
download via the Cetus website at http://cetus.ecn.purdue.edu.

The Cetus source-to-source compiler project is continuing to grow with
support from the National Science Foundation. Since the last release,
we have made significant updates to the Cetus infrastructure so that
it now supports, to name a few:

- Automatic Loop Parallelization
                - Data dependence testing
                - Scalar and Array Privatization
                - Reduction Recognition
- Range Analysis
- Symbolic expression manipulation tools
- Enhanced symbol/symbol table interface

Details on the enhancements can be found in the release notes at

More general Cetus documentation can be found at

We are constantly working to improve the scope of these analyses and
to add others, but are excited about the use of Cetus for automatic
parallelization of C source code.

If you have been using Cetus and want to share information about the code
infrastructure with other Cetus users, we invite you to subscribe to the Cetus
user list by clicking here:

We welcome suggestions for improving Cetus. Either go to "Cetus Support" at
http://cetus.ecn.purdue.edu or send email to cetus@ecn.purdue.edu

Please visit the Cetus website for more information. We look forward
to making Cetus an even better infrastructure for supporting your
research needs!

The Cetus Team
Purdue University