Re: TXL ANTLR

idbaxter@semdesigns.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
TXL ANTLR anders43@gmail.com (Anders Karlsson) (2008-08-28)
Re: TXL ANTLR Jatin_Bhateja@mentor.com (Jatin Bhateja) (2008-08-29)
Re: TXL ANTLR jaluber@gmail.com (Johannes) (2008-08-30)
Re: TXL ANTLR parrt@cs.usfca.edu (Terence Parr) (2008-08-30)
Re: TXL ANTLR anders43@gmail.com (ajk) (2008-09-01)
Re: TXL ANTLR idbaxter@semdesigns.com (2008-09-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: idbaxter@semdesigns.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:56:59 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 23 Sep 2008 14:15:17 EDT

On Aug 28, 8:39 am, Anders Karlsson <ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering what the difference is between TXL and ANTLR, are
> these similar tools. What other tools are there than can be used for
> help in building compilers besides these and of course LEX/YACC?
>
> I have looked a bit on ANTLR and it seems quite nice, but was juse
> wondering if there are other alternatives.

[Warning: vendor content ahead. YMMV.]

Semantic Designs offers the DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit.
Provides lexers, parsers, automatic AST construction, control and data
flow analysis machinery, points-to analyzers, surface syntax pattern
matching and pattern instantiation, source-to-source rewrites, and
industrial strength front ends for many lanuages including C, C++,
Java and COBOL.

You can see a comparision of DMS, TXL, ANTLR
and a number of other tools at
http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSComparison.html

--
Ira Baxter, CTO