|Seed7 Release 2008-08-17 email@example.com (2008-08-17)|
|Date:||Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:48:29 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||18 Aug 2008 10:28:04 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080817.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The FAQ about static type checking was improved and an FAQ about
development speed and type checking was added.
- A chapter about the type 'category' was added to the manual.
- The chapters about boolean, string, set and reference in the
manual, were improved.
- The functions toUuencoded and fromUuencoded were added to the
- The html entity 'ang' and several comments were added to the
- The error management of the chkint.sd7 program was improved.
- The 'configValue' function was improved to support values for
TWOS_COMPLEMENT_INTTYPE, INTTYPE_64BIT and INTTYPE_LITERAL_SUFFIX.
- The function growStri was improved to work correctly in out of
- The makefiles makefile, mk_cygw.mak, mk_linux.mak, mk_mingw.mak,
mk_msvc.mak, mk_msys.mak and mk_nmake.mak were improved to define
TWOS_COMPLEMENT_INTTYPE when appropriate.
- The file setlib.c was improved to work correctly with bitsettype's
of different sizes.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.