|Seed7 Release 2008-07-07 firstname.lastname@example.org (2008-07-07)|
|Date:||Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:50:04 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||12 Jul 2008 23:53:47 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080707.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Various FAQs about reserved words, user defined statements, static
type checking, garbage collection, container classes, primitive
types and the difference between object and primitive types were
added or improved.
- The chapters about boolean, integer, bigInteger, rational,
bigRational, float, complex, char, string and program in the
manual, were added or improved.
- A contour was added to a building in the lander.sd7 example
- Some debugging output was removed from the mahjong.sd7 example
- The function analyze and analyze_stri were renamed to parseFile
and parseStri respectively in the files progs.s7i, calc.sd7,
- The primitive actions PRG_ANALYZE and PRG_STR_ANALYZE were
renamed to PRG_FIL_PARSE and PRG_STR_PARSE respectively.
- The functions prgAnalyze and prgStrAnalyze were renamed to
prgFilParse and prgStrParse respectively.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.