Code generation for load/store packed data

Nicolau Bogoevich <nicolaub@gmail.com>
Sun, 11 May 2008 20:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code generation for load/store packed data nicolaub@gmail.com (Nicolau Bogoevich) (2008-05-11)
Re: Code generation for load/store packed data cr88192@hotmail.com (cr88192) (2008-05-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Nicolau Bogoevich <nicolaub@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 20:27:04 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 11 May 2008 23:31:01 EDT

Hello,

I am very interested in to know how compilers generate optimized code
for loading or storing data at unaligned memory locations and that
located inside bitfields (i. e., like that generated by using GNU C
"packed attribute" or packed ANSI C bitfield type definitions).

I suppose that is a well-known subject that was solved by somebody a
long time ago. Do you know some well-known technique or literature
about that subject? I would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks in advance!