|Seed7 Release 2008-05-08 email@example.com (2008-05-08)|
|Date:||Thu, 8 May 2008 15:48:54 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||09 May 2008 15:34:56 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080508.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The FAQ "Why a new programming language?" was improved.
- The descriptions of the functions 'rem', 'mod',
'[ A .. B ] times C', minIdx, maxIdx, rand(array), insert(array),
category, local_vars, local_consts, setCategory, setParams,
'in'(ref_list), 'not in'(ref_list), make_list, pos(ref_list),
'&:='(ref_list), '@:='(ref_list) and the bufferChar variable in the
manual were added or improved.
- The functions float cast, float varCast, boolean varConv,
char varConv TRACE_REF, pos(ref_list), [minIdx .. maxIdx], minIdx,
maxIdx (+ useage of them), minIntIdx, maxIntIdx, card(hashSet),
xalloc, ord(enum), getwd(null_file) and getln(null_file) in the
seed7_05.s7i library were added or improved.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) support for the primitive actions
arr_maxidx, arr_minidx, flt_icast, int_pow, rfl_ipos and sct_alloc
was added or improved.
- The compiler handling of INTERFACEOBJECTs and the generation of
prototypes was improved.
- The compiler was improved to generate static dispatcher functions.
- The functions arr_maxidx and arr_minidx were added to the file
- The function bigUIConv was added to the file big_gmp.c.
- The function rflIpos was added to the file rfl_data.c.
- The function flt_icast was added to the file fltlib.c.
- The functions refArrmaxpos, refArrminpos, ref_arrmaxpos and
ref_arrminpos were renamed to refArrmaxidx, refArrminidx,
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.