Compiler positions available for week ending May 4

"comp.compilers" <>
4 May 2008 08:00:00 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending May 4 (2003-05-06)
Compiler positions available for week ending May 4 (comp.compilers) (2008-05-04)
Compiler positions available for week ending May 4 (1997-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 May 2008 08:00:00 -0000
Posted-Date: 04 May 2008 11:09:16 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to

Subject: Sweden, Linkoping university: PhD student position available
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:38:24 +0200
From: Christoph Kessler <>

Linkvping university is one of the leading universities in Sweden,
with a strong technical profile.
At PELAB (Programming environments laboratory) I am currently
expanding my research group on compiler technology and parallel computing:

For a new project on code generation and optimization for a
reconfigurable parallel DSP chip-multiprocessor being developed
at our computer architecture division, we would like to
recruit a new

        Ph.D. student (licentiate) in Computer Science

        at the Department of Computer and Information Science,
        division of Software and Systems,
        Programming Environments laboratory (PELAB).

Requirements: Master degree (or equivalent) in computer science,
computer systems, embedded systems, or programming.
Good english in writing and speech.
A good background in the areas: computer architecture, compiler
construction, parallel programming, C and C++, is a merit.

See the official announcement with further details and
the application procedure/form at

Linkvping university shall continue to develop as an attractive
and creative work place characterized by equal opportunities,
and therefore works actively to promote diversity and gender equality.
A majority of doctoral students within the department are men,
which is why precedence will be given to women in cases where
qualifications are deemed otherwise equivalent.

Starting date: By agreement.

Deadline for application: 20 may 2008.
Applications coming in later will not be considered.

  * Application process:
              Mrs. Lillemor Wallgren,
              Dept. of Computer and Information Science,
              Graduate education office,
  * Project / group information:
              Prof. Dr. Christoph Kessler, PELAB