|Seed7 Release 2008-04-20 firstname.lastname@example.org (2008-04-20)|
|Date:||Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:53:06 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||20 Apr 2008 17:48:42 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080420.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- An explatation how to uncompress the Seed7 package was added to
- The descriptions of the functions log2, gcd, lowestSetBit, 'rem',
'mdiv' and 'mod' in the manual were added or improved.
- The functions gcd and modInverse were added to the bigint.s7i
- The bigrat.s7i library was changed to use the gcd function from the
- The chkbig.sd7 program was improved with additional checks for the
monadic plus, 'div', 'rem', 'mdiv', 'mod' and bigInteger constants.
- The chkexc.sd7 program was improved with additional checks for
- The chk_all.sd7 program was improved to take the new checks into
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to work also with GMP's
- The compiler was improved to support big_plus and big_gcd.
- The handling of +:=, -:=, *:=, <<:= and >>:= in the compiler was
improved to avoid memory leaks.
- The handling of the bigInteger 'mdiv' and * in the compiler was
improved to do some optimisations like using shift operations
- Three example programs printpi1.sd7, printpi2.sd7 and printpi3.sd7
- The big_gmp.c interface library was added to allow bigInteger
computations based on the mpz_ functions of the GMP library.
- The file big_rtl.h was renamed to big_drv.h.
- The file biglib.c was change to allow working with big_rtl.c or
- The file big_rtl.c was improved to work with a BIGDIGIT_SIZE
- The functions bigHexCStri, uBigMultSub, uBigSqare, bigClit,
bigCmpSignedDigit, bigDiv, bigGcd, bigGrow, bigImport, bigLShift,
bigLShiftAssign, bigMDiv, bigMod, bigOdd, bigRem, bigRShift,
bigShrink and bigToBStri of the file big_rtl.c were added or
- An error message about "match value failed" was suppressed in
- The int_mdiv action (defined in intlib.c) was improved for speed.
- The function prot_bigint (defined in traceutl.c) was changed to
- The function printtype (defined in traceutl.c) was changed to
avoid writing a pointer value.
- A bug in the function typHashCode (defined in typ_data.c) was
- The file read_me.txt was improved to contain a chapter about
warnings and a chapter which explains how to use the GMP library.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.