Re: Info on Lex/yacc Objective-c grammar

magicalex@inwind.it (Alessandro Perrone)
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:41:42 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Info on Lex/yacc Objective-c grammar magicalex@inwind.it (Alessandro Perrone) (2008-03-24)
Re: Info on Lex/yacc Objective-c grammar tdk@thelbane.com (Timothy Knox) (2008-03-28)
Re: Info on Lex/yacc Objective-c grammar magicalex@inwind.it (2008-04-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: magicalex@inwind.it (Alessandro Perrone)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:41:42 +0200
Posted-Date: 10 Apr 2008 23:25:50 EDT

Hi

> What do you mean by "all platforms"? The language itself is portable
> to "all platforms". I have an Objective-C compiler on my FreeBSD
> boxes, my Linux boxes, and (back when I had one) my Solaris boxes. The
> libraries Apple ships are for Mac OS X, but the compiler is still the
> same FSF GCC based compiler.

Thak a lot for the reply.
All I want to write is a simple profiler for an objective-c program. And
I need the grammar for this language. Since gcc runs on every unix
platforms, This grammar should be present somewhere.
The grammar I found in internet (thank to google) uses NS* libraries and
it runs only on Os X!!!
With "All platform" I intend the grammar used from FSF to build objc
part of gcc.
Regards.
                                                                ALEX