|Seed7 Release 2008-03-19 email@example.com (2008-03-19)|
|Date:||Wed, 19 Mar 2008 03:20:50 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||20 Mar 2008 22:38:35 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080319.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The functions getEscapeSequence, getCharLiteral, getStringLiteral,
getSymbolOrComment and getSymbol were added to the scanstri.s7i
- The file read_me.txt, which explains the compilation of the
interpreter, was added to the src directory.
- The actions act_value, big_value, chr_value, fil_value, flt_value,
int_value, prg_value, rfl_value, set_value, str_value and typ_value
were improved to raise an exception for references which are NIL or
refer to an object with the wrong category.
- The support for the primitive actions itf_eq and itf_ne in the
compiler (comp.sd7) was improved.
- The handling of bitsets with negative elements in the compiler
(comp.sd7) was improved.
- The bas7.sd7 (basic interpreter) example program was improved to
support the -p option which asks for a prompt at the end of the
- Support for the actions bst_append and bst_cat was added to the
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.