Re: (E)BNF Grammar to XML for LALR(1) parse table?

"scooter.phd@gmail.com" <scooter.phd@gmail.com>
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 01:38:41 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
(E)BNF Grammar to XML for LALR(1) parse table? Cox.Jason@gmail.com (2008-01-14)
Re: (E)BNF Grammar to XML for LALR(1) parse table? Cox.Jason@gmail.com (2008-01-15)
Re: (E)BNF Grammar to XML for LALR(1) parse table? englere_geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2008-01-15)
Re: (E)BNF Grammar to XML for LALR(1) parse table? paul@paulbmann.com (Paul B Mann) (2008-02-15)
Re: (E)BNF Grammar to XML for LALR(1) parse table? scooter.phd@gmail.com (scooter.phd@gmail.com) (2008-02-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "scooter.phd@gmail.com" <scooter.phd@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 01:38:41 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 17 Feb 2008 10:08:23 EST

On Jan 14, 2:28 pm, Cox.Ja...@gmail.com wrote:
> I figured the most expeditious route to get a working parser would be
> to write my own, but I am not having fun manually generating the parse
> tables. In this light, are there any tools which will examine a
> grammar and spit out the parse table in XML so I can generate code
> based on that?

XML? Parse table in XML? I can see expressing the grammar in XML,
perhaps, although that'd be the most loquacious looking description of
a grammar. But the parse table in XML?

Maybe I'm missing something.

-scooter
[It sorta kinda makes sense if you had a family of parse table generators
feeding into a family of parsers, but given how tightly the table format
has to be tied to the parser, it does seem like a wee bit of overkill,
doesn't it? -John]