Looking for a good pre-allocation spilling technique

"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_Lei=DFa?=" <roland.leissa@googlemail.com>
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:08:31 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for a good pre-allocation spilling technique roland.leissa@googlemail.com (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_Lei=DFa?=) (2008-02-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_Lei=DFa?=" <roland.leissa@googlemail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:08:31 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 04 Feb 2008 13:04:34 EST

Hello Group,

I am looking for a good pre-allocation spilling technique. I need this
for the register allocator I am currently implementing. Performance of
the algorithm itself is not that important so O(n^2) would be ok for
me but the algorithm should generate high-performance code.

I am using SSA form as immediate representation and I'm going to
implement an allocation without SSA destruction.

Some suggestions would be great. Thx in advance.

--
Greetz,
Roland