Re: writing a JavaScript Scanner/Parser

"" <>
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:59:47 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
writing a JavaScript Scanner/Parser (Kilik) (2008-01-17)
Re: writing a JavaScript Scanner/Parser ( (2008-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:59:47 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 29 Jan 2008 02:05:02 EST

If your goal is merely to learn about writing parsers i would strongly
advise you look at another language -- javascript has some excitingly
complex constructs. Just to get a feel for it you may want to look at
the bison grammar from JavaScriptCore:

That includes the semicolon handling (there are places where
semicolons can be left out in JS) as well as most of the other pre-JS2