Info wanted on open source parser and lexer generators
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:29:38 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Info wanted on open source parser and lexer generators (2008-01-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:29:38 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 08 Jan 2008 18:23:40 EST

I want to find for a project of my own open source parser generators
and lexical analyzer generators, that are implemented in C++ with
clean and maintainable code.

I preferably want a LALR parser generator. I don't think bison is
suitable for my purposes. My purpose is to develop a full set of
compiler construction tools, that are able to generate code in a large
number of object oriented languages
[You might like the original Berkeley yacc from which Bison was forked
many years ago. It's a nice little LALR parser generator without all of
Bison's extra cruft and under a Berkeley rather than GPL license. -John]