Re: flex for windows

Tim Prince <tprince@computer.org>
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:44:03 -0800

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
flex for windows Horand.Gassmann@dal.ca (Gus Gassmann) (2007-12-12)
Re: flex for windows julien.hamaide@gmail.com (2007-12-12)
Re: flex for windows tprince@computer.org (Tim Prince) (2007-12-12)
Re: flex for windows timothyprince@sbcglobal.net (Tim Prince) (2007-12-13)
Re: flex for windows gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2007-12-13)
Re: flex for windows DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2007-12-13)
Re: flex for windows Horand.Gassmann@dal.ca (Gus Gassmann) (2007-12-14)
Re: flex for windows timothyprince@sbcglobal.net (tim prince) (2007-12-14)
Re: flex for windows DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2008-01-06)

From: Tim Prince <tprince@computer.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:44:03 -0800
Posted-Date: 13 Dec 2007 12:06:40 EST

>> One of the lex files uses %option reentrant, which flex refuses to
>> compile. I am running version 2.5.4 under windows. ...
>
> I ran into the same problems some time ago. The only solution I found
> was to compile a newer version using cygwin. I haven't found any
> binaries of the 2.5.33 for windows at that time.
>
> The biggest problem with the cygwin version is that you have to use
> cygwin path for windows drives such as /cygdrive/c/ . If somebody has
> another solution, I'm also interested in it.

It looks like you have to run 'make check' inside cygwin anyway, or
discount environmental failures. You haven't specified what problem
you have in mind for "another solution." There are plenty of hints on
line about building or downloading flex for mingw, in case, for some
reason, you don't want to use the cygwin version.