static analysis frameworks?

"Paul Biggar" <>
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:09:39 +0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
static analysis frameworks? (Paul Biggar) (2007-11-13)
Re: static analysis frameworks? (2007-11-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Paul Biggar" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:09:39 +0000
Posted-Date: 15 Nov 2007 18:48:06 EST

Hi Folks,

Rather than developing a static analysis framework for our compiler
(phc - from scratch, I'd like to plug-in, as much
as possible, an existing static analysis framework. I've had a look
around and have only found a few.

PAG ( seemed a good idea, but its
been discontinued.
Banshee ( seems good, but its svn
repository hasnt been updated since April last year.
Saturn ( seems to be under active
maintenance, and is released under a BSD licence, so it looks ideal.

Does anyone know any other, preferably under an open source licence?
Also has anyone tried Saturn for analysis of non-C code? As an aside,
why aren't there many of these?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Biggar

Paul Biggar