Re: Compiling to Perl

Brian Palmer <>
Fri, 05 Oct 2007 01:25:51 -0700

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiling to Perl (Joachim Durchholz) (2007-10-03)
Re: Compiling to Perl (Brian Palmer) (2007-10-05)
Re: Compiling to Perl (Joachim Durchholz) (2007-10-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Brian Palmer <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 01:25:51 -0700
Posted-Date: 05 Oct 2007 13:54:41 EDT

Joachim Durchholz <> writes:

> Hi all,
> Are there any online resources about compiling to Perl? Any
> information about existing compilers or things to consider when
> writing such a compiler will be appreciated.
is probably relevant (although he gave up on compiling to perl
itself,and instead wrote the project to compile to parrot[0], there's
a bit of discussion of what the to-perl compilation process looks

[0] Parrot is the backend for the
probably-going-to-be-finished-someday perl6. If parrot were more
common, it'd probably be a better target for your compiler than
perl5. But it's certainly not commonly available now.

I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard.