Re: C99 parser ?

Uncle Noah <nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr>
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:38:44 -0700

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C99 parser ? borophyll@gmail.com (2007-09-25)
Re: C99 parser ? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2007-09-25)
Re: C99 parser ? nicola.musatti@gmail.com (Nicola Musatti) (2007-09-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Uncle Noah <nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:38:44 -0700
Posted-Date: 25 Sep 2007 12:55:21 EDT

On Sep 25, 4:39 pm, boroph...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone point me to open-source software that performs the front-
> end parsing and analysis of C source? I am not interested in a full
> compiler, just something which checks syntax and semantics. I am
> intending to use it to examine what's involved in creating a parser,
> and to learn the syntax and semantics of the C99 standard. While I
> have the standard and am currently reading it, I would like some sort
> of software to look at to ensure I don't miss anything, if that makes
> sense...
>
> Regards,
> B.

Sparse (semantic parser) is a project for a C/C++ parser that might be
close to your needs.

Anyone being aware of any other free/open-source C parser (C89 or C99)
that performs semantic analysis (decomposing to intermediate code,
liveness analysis, basic block extraction etc). I'm aware of cil, but
i'm reluctant in using since it is written in OCaml and not C, C++ or
anything that i could easily maintain (my own changes to the
infrastructure).

Nikolaos Kavvadias