Re: symbolic simplification resources

Martin Ward <>
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:40:27 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
symbolic simplification resources (2007-09-13)
Re: symbolic simplification resources Ruslan@Shevchenko.Kiev.UA (rssh) (2007-09-13)
Re: symbolic simplification resources (Martin Ward) (2007-09-14)
Re: symbolic simplification resources (Valerio Cavadini) (2007-09-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Martin Ward <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:40:27 +0100
Posted-Date: 15 Sep 2007 15:12:41 EDT

On Thursday 13 Sep 2007 15:11, wrote:
> I am trying to write a work report on symbolic simplification, and
> more implementation details of how this is generally done in a
> compiler.

Although it is mostly about program slicing, this paper describes
the expression/condition simplifier in the FermaT program
transformation system:

ConSUS: A Scalable Approach to Conditioned Slicing,
M. Daoudi, L. Ouarbya, J. Howroyd, S. Danicic, Mark Harman,
Chris Fox, M. P. Ward,
9th IEEE Working Conference on Reverse Engineering, 2002.
October 28 - November 1, 2002 Richmond, Virginia, USA
IEEE Computer Society

You can download it from here:

Martin Erdos number: 4
G.K.Chesterton web site: