Re: cycle free grammar ?

SM Ryan <wyrmwif@tsoft.org>
Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:03:31 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
cycle free grammar ? ctx2002@gmail.com (2007-08-04)
Re: cycle free grammar ? wyrmwif@tsoft.org (SM Ryan) (2007-08-07)
Re: cycle free grammar ? max@gustavus.edu (Max Hailperin) (2007-08-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: SM Ryan <wyrmwif@tsoft.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:03:31 -0000
Posted-Date: 07 Aug 2007 16:39:23 EDT

ctx2002@gmail.com wrote:
# hi all:
#
# I am currently learning how to write a compiler , i am using a book
# called Compilers Principles , techniques, and tools.
#
# in this book , there is an exercise asking write a algorithm to
# convert a grammar into a equivalent cycle - free grammar.

In Aho and Ullman _The Theory of Parsing, Translation, and Compiling_,
Volume 1, they have a number of grammar transformation algorithms
including this one. I don't have a copy at hand, but it's in there.

--
SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
Mention something out of a Charleton Heston movie, and suddenly