Re: cycle free grammar ?

SM Ryan <>
Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:03:31 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
cycle free grammar ? (2007-08-04)
Re: cycle free grammar ? (SM Ryan) (2007-08-07)
Re: cycle free grammar ? (Max Hailperin) (2007-08-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: SM Ryan <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:03:31 -0000
Posted-Date: 07 Aug 2007 16:39:23 EDT wrote:
# hi all:
# I am currently learning how to write a compiler , i am using a book
# called Compilers Principles , techniques, and tools.
# in this book , there is an exercise asking write a algorithm to
# convert a grammar into a equivalent cycle - free grammar.

In Aho and Ullman _The Theory of Parsing, Translation, and Compiling_,
Volume 1, they have a number of grammar transformation algorithms
including this one. I don't have a copy at hand, but it's in there.

SM Ryan
Mention something out of a Charleton Heston movie, and suddenly
everybody's a theology scholar.