Sheil's Polynomail Parser Paper

Daniel Zingaro <>
Wed, 30 May 2007 15:35:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Sheil's Polynomail Parser Paper (Daniel Zingaro) (2007-05-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Daniel Zingaro <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:35:26 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 May 2007 16:19:45 EDT

Does anyone know where an electronic copy of

Sheil. Observations on context-free parsing, Journal of Statistical
Methods in Linguistics, 1976.

can be found? Basically I'm looking for papers on how
usually-exponential parsers can be made polynomial. I think (?) this
is what Sheil does, but alternative presentations would be just as

[I'll take it out of the library the next time I'm there and scan the
article, but that probably won't be for several weeks. -John]