Re: Where to get HP NUE to compile Open64 on IA32?

jle@forest.owlnet.rice.edu (Jason Lee Eckhardt)
Wed, 23 May 2007 12:42:03 +0000 (UTC)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Where to get HP NUE to compile Open64 on IA32? ultrasparc@gmx.de (Raphael) (2007-05-21)
Re: Where to get HP NUE to compile Open64 on IA32? jle@forest.owlnet.rice.edu (2007-05-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jle@forest.owlnet.rice.edu (Jason Lee Eckhardt)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:42:03 +0000 (UTC)
Posted-Date: 23 May 2007 13:54:06 EDT

Raphael <ultrasparc@gmx.de> wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I want to compile Open64 or ORC 2.1 on IA32. I need HP NUE for that.
>The HP NUE environment is no longer downloadable from the HP website.
>I already tried to compile Open64 v0.14, Open64 v0.15, Open64 v3.1 and
>ORC v2.1 on a Red Hat compatible Linux, but it always fails because HP
>NUE is missing.

    At least one version of Open64/ORC 2.1 can be built on IA32
    without NUE. See:
        http://www2.cs.uh.edu/~openuh/
    Make sure to follow the directions in the README and INSTALL
    files carefully.

    The group at UH has done quite a bit of work merging together
    various versions of Open64 (including Pathscale's), fixing
    defects, and increasing portability.