Re: Optimizer books and online material?

Eliot Miranda <eliotm@pacbell.net>
Tue, 08 May 2007 18:55:54 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Optimizer books and online material? reasamp@gmail.com (Reasamp) (2007-05-08)
Re: Optimizer books and online material? eliotm@pacbell.net (Eliot Miranda) (2007-05-08)
Re: Optimizer books and online material? kamalpr@gmail.com (IndianTechie) (2007-05-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Eliot Miranda <eliotm@pacbell.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:55:54 GMT
Posted-Date: 09 May 2007 13:39:02 EDT

Reasamp wrote:
> I see lots of info/books online about parsing techniques and compiler/
> construction. But can anyone point me to a good reading material if I
> want to learn about optimization techniques? Most compiler
> construction books i've read does not deal well with this ... I prefer
> online materials over hardcopy books ... unusual it may seem.

The most thorough treatment I've found is (the book)
Advanced Compiler Design and Implementation
Steven Muchnick

http://net.gurus.com/bk/a/1558603204 (Amazon)
http://net.gurus.com/bk/bn/1558603204 (Barnes & Noble))

--
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in Calvin &
the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. Hobbes.