Re: flex and bison in vc++6 or vc++8

George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net>
17 Mar 2007 14:42:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
flex and bison in vc++6 or vc++8 eng.sharif@gmail.com (eng.sharif@gmail.com) (2007-03-14)
Re: flex and bison in vc++6 or vc++8 bill@qswtools.com (Bill Cox) (2007-03-16)
Re: flex and bison in vc++6 or vc++8 gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2007-03-17)
Re: flex and bison in vc++6 or vc++8 eng.sharif@gmail.com (eng.sharif@gmail.com) (2007-03-20)
Re: flex and bison in vc++6 or vc++8 gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2007-03-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Mar 2007 14:42:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 17 Mar 2007 14:42:59 EDT

On 14 Mar 2007 14:34:20 -0400, "eng.sharif@gmail.com"
<eng.sharif@gmail.com> wrote:

>i want help in work in flex and bison with vc++6 or vc++8
>there are many problem in linker.exe files

What problems? We can't offer specific help unless we know what
you've tried and what error messages you are getting.

>step by step plz

In general you add the ".y" and ".l" files to your project and then
open the property page for each file and define a custom build for it.
The custom build dialog allows you to specify additional dependencies
for each file (for example you usually build the ".y" file before the
".l" file to generate token header files), what output files will be
produced and the command line required to run the foreign tool.

After you've defined the custom builds for your files, you should do
an individual compile on each file (in the appropriate order) and then
add each of the output files to your project.

Once all the files have been compiled one time and the output files
added to the project, VC will handle the dependencies properly.

The exact steps to define a custom build and compile files depend on
what version of VisualC++ or Visual Studio you are running.

George