Compiler positions available for week ending March 11

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
11 Mar 2007 10:54:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 11 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2007-03-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Mar 2007 10:54:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 11 Mar 2007 10:54:58 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:12:03 -0600 (CST)
From: Kannan Narayanan <narayanan@coherentlogix.com>
Subject: Compiler Engineer job at Coherent Logix (Austin TX / Milpitas CA)

Position: Compiler Engineer

Coherent Logix, Incorporated is an Austin, Texas based fabless
semiconductor company engaged in the development of real-time,
extremely high performance, ultra-low power, reconfigurable, and
adaptable signal processing solutions. Coherent Logix has its
headquarters in Austin and a satellite office in Silicon Valley. The
Coherent Logix team is composed of world-class physicists, scientists,
and engineers with proven experience in the semiconductor industry.

The Compiler team is looking to hire an engineer whose partial
responsibility (20%) will be Quality Assurance of the compiler. Beyond
that duty, the engineer has to actively participate in compiler
development including fixing stability and performance bugs and
implementing advanced optimizations for our multi-core DSP
architecture. Engineer has to spend first few months on the job
stabilizing current compiler and integrating other DSP test-suites.

Job Responsibilities:
The engineer will work on the following aspects of compiler development:
- Quality Assurance of the compiler (responsible for stability of the
compiler, integrating new test-suites like DSPstone, MediaBench).
- Triage compiler bugs and implement fixes.
- Performance analysis of benchmarks and implementation of various code
generation optimizations.
- Implementation of language extensions and library functions
- Implementation of support for debugging and performance analysis tools in
the compiler
- Development of advanced compiler optimization techniques for our multi-core
architecture

Qualifications  Required:
- BS/MS/PhD EE or CS with some industry experience
- Prior experience in testing compilers and trouble-shooting compiler
problems.
- Background in compiler code generation and optimization with exposure to
compiler frameworks such as GCC, LCC, SUIF or Open64
- Exposure to state-of-the-art in computer architecture
- Strong C/C++ coding skills

Desired:
- Knowledge of DSP Instruction Set Architectures and DSP specific compiler
optimization techniques
- Experience with optimizations for multi-core (OpenMP/automatic
parallelization techniques, MPI based implementations)

Location: Milpitas, CA or Austin, TX.
Contact:  Kannan Narayanan ( narayanan@coherentlogix.com )

-------------------------------

Subject: Vacancies at ARM (Cambridge UK)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:25:46 -0000
From: "Diana Taschler" <Diana.Taschler@arm.com>

As per usual all our vacancies are open to applications from candidates
of all nationalities and we will sponsor successful candidates through
the work permit application process.

Staff Compiler Engineer - Compiler
Location: Cambridge, UK
Ref: 07DSSW005
http://www.arm.com/employment/16909.html

Background

The Compilation Tools group is a tight-knit, friendly, high-powered,
highly articulate, multi-national team of engineers. Most of our work is
driven by the needs of lead customers from among the leading players in
our industry. Ultimately, we fund exciting work by producing attractive,
profitable products.

Description

We are looking for Senior Compiler Engineers to work on the code
generator of the industry-leading ARM RealView compiler.

Requirements

* good degree in Computer Science or close equivalent;
* knowledge and experience of code generation for modern RISC
architectures;
* exposure to all phases of software development lifecycle;
* good software engineering skills;
* fluent in C and C++;
* proven technical leadership skills;
* an ability to quickly grasp abstract concepts, explain them
verbally, and write about them precisely.

Preferred experience

* ARM Architecture
* SIMD/Vector code generation
* Code generation for high performance execution
* Loop restructuring / optimization

Package

* Salary - depending on experience
* Shares (Restricted Share Units) at the discretion of ARM
Holdings plc
* Private Medical Insurance
* Permanent Health Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Contributory Pension

If you would like to apply for this job please send an email enclosing
your details and current CV to recruitment-europe@arm.com

Perl Software Engineer - Compiler Benchmark Harness
Location: Cambridge, UK
Ref: 07DSSW004
http://www.arm.com/employment/16908.html

Description

We are looking for a Perl Software Engineer to join the RealView
Compilation Tools Team, to improve the benchmarking harness for our
tools. We make heavy use of automated benchmarking on hardware and on
simulators, and results analysis to ensure our product quality. Your
role will be to engineer an improved benchmark harness that executes
our tool benchmarks, presents the results and which is scalable for
our future needs. You will take responsibility for driving all phases
of this development.

The ARM RealView Compiler is a leader in its field and you will join a
world class team.

Requirements

* degree in computer science or related area;
* exposure to all phases of software development lifecycle;
* good software engineering skills;
* fluent in Perl;
* able to work on Unix and Windows;
* good team player;

Preferred experience

* familiar with SubVersion
* Previous experience with benchmarking
* familiar with SQL

Package

* Salary - depending on experience
* Shares (Restricted Share Units) at the discretion of ARM
Holdings plc
* Private Medical Insurance
* Permanent Health Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Contributory Pension

If you would like to apply for this job please send an email enclosing
your details and current CV to recruitment-europe@arm.com

Staff Compiler Engineer - Compiler
Location: Cambridge, UK
Ref: 07DSSW003
http://www.arm.com/employment/16907.html

[...]

Senior Compiler Engineer - Compiler
Location: Cambridge, UK
Ref: 07DSSW002
http://www.arm.com/employment/16906.html

[...]

Perl Software Engineer - Compiler Test Harness
Location: Cambridge, UK
Ref: 07DSSW001
http://www.arm.com/employment/16905.html

Description

We are looking for a Perl Software Engineer to join the RealView
Compilation Tools Team, to implement the next-generation test harness
for our tools. We make heavy use of automated testing and results
analysis to ensure our product quality. Your role will be to engineer
an improved test harness that executes and analyses our tool tests and
which is scalable for our future needs. You will take responsibility
for driving all phases of this development.

The ARM RealView Compiler is a leader in its field and you will join a
world class team.

Requirements

* degree in computer science or related area;
* exposure to all phases of software development lifecycle;
* good software engineering skills;
* fluent in Perl;
* able to work on Unix and Windows;
* good team player;

Preferred experience

* familiar with SubVersion
* Previous experience with writing a Test Harness

Package

* Salary - depending on experience
* Shares (Restricted Share Units) at the discretion of ARM
Holdings plc
* Private Medical Insurance
* Permanent Health Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Contributory Pension

If you would like to apply for this job please send an email enclosing
your details and current CV to recruitment-europe@arm.com

Diana Taschler
European Resourcing Manager
ARM Ltd
Address: 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1223 400422, Fax: +44 (0)1223 400801