Re: plz help me

"TJB" <tom.boye@comhem.se>
1 Mar 2007 01:09:17 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
plz help me eng.sharif@gmail.com (eng.sharif@gmail.com) (2007-02-27)
Re: plz help me tom.boye@comhem.se (TJB) (2007-03-01)
Re: plz help me ang.usenet@gmail.com (Aaron Gray) (2007-03-01)
Re: plz help me haberg@math.su.se (2007-03-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "TJB" <tom.boye@comhem.se>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Mar 2007 01:09:17 -0500
Posted-Date: 01 Mar 2007 01:09:17 EST

<eng.sharif@gmail.com> wrote in message news:07-02-076@comp.compilers...
>i want use bison and flex in visual stdio 2005 for make small
> compiler by use Custom Build Rules in Visual C++ 2005 "FlexBison.rules
> file "
>
> but when i compile "example.y" i get error
> bison.simple: No such file or directory
> bison: Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
> bison
> Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS
> \system32\cmd.exe'.
> Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\sharif.SYNRYU
> \My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\example\example\Debug
> \BuildLog.htm"
> example - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
> ==========
> my question is where i will put "bison.exe , bison.simple , flex.exe"
> files for use in cv++ 2005
>
> plz help me
> [Any Windows users who can help this guy out? -John]

Hi,

Have you added the build rules to your project ? Open the property page for
the .y file in your project
and click on 'Custom build Step' node in the tree view . Enter
C:\...\bison -options example.y in 'Command Line', where
  ... is the path to bison.exe. You can put bison.exe and flex.exe
anywhere you like, as long as you specify the
path to the executables in the command line. You also need to specify the
output file in 'Outputs'. Bison will in your case
generate the files example.tab.c and example.tab.h unless you use the '-o
file-prefix' or '-d file-prefix' option.