Re: Teaching experiences in compilers

Eric Eide <>
26 Feb 2007 09:26:29 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Teaching experiences in compilers ( (2007-02-25)
Re: Teaching experiences in compilers (Eric Eide) (2007-02-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Eric Eide <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Feb 2007 09:26:29 -0500
Posted-Date: 26 Feb 2007 09:26:29 EST

Sergio <> writes:

Sergio> I'm very interested in papers and experiences on compilers
Sergio> teaching. If you have any link or suggestion, please let me
Sergio> know.

There was a session about teaching compiler courses at the SIGCSE 2006
conference. The papers included:

Chirp on crickets: teaching compilers using an embedded robot

The compiler course in today's curriculum: three strategies

Fifteen compilers in fifteen days

Checking quickly, I see a similar session at SIGCSE 2005, and other compiler-
related papers at SIGCSE 2004 and 2003.

Perhaps these pointers will get you started. Best wishes ---

Eric Eide <> . University of Utah School of Computing . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX