Re: Javascript grammar

Russell Shaw <rjshaw@netspace.net.au>
25 Feb 2007 13:24:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Javascript grammar rjshaw@netspace.net.au (Russell Shaw) (2007-02-25)
Re: Javascript grammar rjshaw@netspace.net.au (Russell Shaw) (2007-02-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Russell Shaw <rjshaw@netspace.net.au>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Feb 2007 13:24:54 -0500
Posted-Date: 25 Feb 2007 13:24:54 EST

Hi,
I have figured it out.

On page 63 of http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-262.pdf

it says:

    12.4 Expression Statement

      Syntax
      ExpressionStatement :
              [ lookahead not in {{, function} ] Expression ;

      Note that an ExpressionStatement cannot start with an opening curly
      brace because that might make it ambiguous with a Block. Also, an
      ExpressionStatement cannot start with the function keyword because
      that might make it ambiguous with a FunctionDeclaration.