Compiler positions available for week ending January 21

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
21 Jan 2007 10:26:42 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 21 compilers@iecc.com (2001-01-26)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 21 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2007-01-21)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 21 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-01-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Jan 2007 10:26:42 -0500
Posted-Date: 21 Jan 2007 10:26:42 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Subject: GCC Compiler Engineer - Cisco Systems - Milipitas, CA
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:40:22 -0800
From: "Dale Hamilton -X \(dalhamil - Spherion at Cisco\)" <dalhamil@cisco.com>

Do you want to work for one of the most top-rated companies? Cisco
Systems was recently listed as number 11 out of the top 100 companies
to work for by Fortune Magazine.

Like the networks we build, our team is a broad network of individuals
collaborating to change how the world works, lives, plays and learns.

We are looking for a senior software engineer to advance and maintain
compiler for IOS and open source software, and other language-related
tools. Position will interface cross-functionally and lead team
collaboration extending beyond work group. Mentors junior team members.
Resolves conflicts by fostering team communications. Provides technical
guidance to small teams. Takes ownership for initiatives and code
facits, and then drives ongoing evaluation and success.

Skills:

* Looking for someone with experience in C/C++, assembler language,
build and maintain GCC compiler, compiler (FSF/GCC) technology
* In depth knowledge on computer architecture in relationship to
compiler for performance and operational considerations.
* Experience in building and maintaining release operations of massive
software systems
* Experience with PERL, shell and other scripting languages
* Experience on GNU development tools (e.g. gdb)
* Good understanding of real-time OS & software.
* General knowledge of IOS, software debugging on routers, router
configurations/operations.
* Superior bug fixing and testing skills.
* Customer resolution requires excellent verbal skills and professional
presentation.

Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related
experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ yrs related experience.
765259

Please forward resumes to dalhamil@cisco.com <mailto:dalhamil@cisco.com>

Location: Milipitas, CA