Excellent example of code generation from abstract syntax trees using Lex and Yacc

"SeeScreen.com" <seescreen_com@yahoo.com>
18 Jan 2007 11:31:55 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Excellent example of code generation from abstract syntax trees using seescreen_com@yahoo.com (SeeScreen.com) (2007-01-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "SeeScreen.com" <seescreen_com@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jan 2007 11:31:55 -0500
Posted-Date: 18 Jan 2007 11:31:55 EST

    http://www.epaperpress.com/lexandyacc/index.html

This is the most succinct example of code generation that I have ever
encountered. It includes an interpreter, a code generator, and
graphical output of the abstract syntax tree diagram. Because of this
one example I finally understand the best way to generate code.

I have struggled with obtaining this knowledge for twenty years
carefully studying the relevant chapters of the Dragon book. Now
finally with one succinct example, I got it. I want to make sure that
I share this information in a way that others can most easily reach
it.

I have recommended that this author's work be added to the Oreilly book, lex &
yacc, Second Edition By John Levine, Tony Mason, Doug Brown.
[If we ever revise the book, I'll keep it in mind. -John]