Problems in writing an interpreter

"Vineet Asai" <vineetasai@mechsoftgroup.com>
28 Dec 2006 02:07:11 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Problems in writing an interpreter vineetasai@mechsoftgroup.com (Vineet Asai) (2006-12-28)
Re: Problems in writing an interpreter anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (2006-12-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Vineet Asai" <vineetasai@mechsoftgroup.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Dec 2006 02:07:11 -0500
Posted-Date: 28 Dec 2006 02:07:11 EST

I am designing an interpreter for a special language from scratch (I,
though, did read in some articles that that's a bad idea, anyways). I
have parsed the input script with flex and bison. Then, I need to
generate the virtual machine. I tried my hand at vmgen but found it
bit difficult to understand. Are there any simpler tools available for
the same? Any pointers in desigining the interpreters are always
welcome.
[It's not very hard to write an interpreter for an RPN token string by
hand. That's plenty to fool around and see how you like your
language. -John]