Re: FLEX or Bison for .Net windows OS.

"Eric" <englere_geo@yahoo.com>
23 Dec 2006 13:38:42 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
FLEX or Bison for .Net windows OS. zhangpuwei@msn.com (zhangpuwei@msn.com) (2006-12-22)
Re: FLEX or Bison for .Net windows OS. englere_geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2006-12-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Eric" <englere_geo@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Dec 2006 13:38:42 -0500
Posted-Date: 23 Dec 2006 13:38:42 EST

zhangpuwei@msn.com wrote:

> I found CSTools(http://cis.paisley.ac.uk/crow-ci0/) and The Gardens
> Point Parser Generator (GPPG). I think they are not so good. Are
> there better tools than these tools?

When you say "better", do you mean "easier to use" or "more powerful"?

Gold is also an LALR tool (like yacc and bison) and it can make parsers
in C#. This is probably easier to use that yacc and bison.

Coco/R is a LL(1) tool that can generate C# recursive descent parsers,
Checkout the book by Pat Terry: Compiling with C# and Java. I find this
to be an easier option than the others; mostly due to Pat's excellent
book.

ANTLR is an LL(k) tool that can generate recursive descent parsers in
C#. This is very powerful but somewhat hard to use.

Eric