Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF?

"Uncle Noah" <nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr>
3 Dec 2006 21:32:30 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? kanvard@gmail.com (kanvard) (2006-11-26)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2006-11-27)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? kanvard@gmail.com (kanvard) (2006-11-29)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2006-11-30)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? dmaze@mit.edu (David Z Maze) (2006-12-01)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2006-12-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Uncle Noah" <nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Dec 2006 21:32:30 -0500
Posted-Date: 03 Dec 2006 21:32:30 EST

David Z Maze wrote:
> While I haven't worked on SUIF at all in years, the project I was
> working on involved running some passes that were only available in
> SUIF 1 (and not the final released version of SUIF 1 either) and a
> custom MachSUIF backend. There's a SUIF 1-to-2 converter distributed,
> IIRC, with SUIF 2, depending specifically on that final version. So
> we built:

I have used that passes and in general programs they have some problems
with pointers.
What is really broken in my "flow" is the "m2c" pass of Machine-SUIF 2.

The "m2c" is unreliable when it comes to:
- long support (persists in converting them to int). But the long Opnd
type (u64, s64) is there so it would possible to fix.
- passing string arguments
- functions returning non-scalars
- structs (their handling my "m2c" in general is a mess.

"m2c" is a very minimal implementation of a C backend so it would be a
surprise if such things have been taken care of.

Kind regards
Nikolaos Kavvadias